Most people associate their morning cup of coffee with giving them that boost they need to face the day, particularly on Monday to Friday when they have to head to the office. However, there are just so many fascinating things that you may not know about this delicious beverage.
For example, were you aware that not only is coffee delicious, it may also be good for your health? There have been many studies conducted into the health benefits of coffee, with many results indicating that it could be good for the liver and may reduce the risk of heart attacks and certain cancers. In addition to this one, there may be many more facts that you simply did not know about coffee:
- Coffee can help you to burn fat,with studies showing that it can help to increase metabolism by up to 11%.
- Coffee is full of antioxidants that are said to prevent premature ageing and can contribute to protecting your skin against the damaging effects of the sun’s UV rays.
- Drinking a cup of coffee at the very early stage of a headache could help to prevent it from developing into a migraine.
- Around 1.6 billion cups of coffee are consumed around the world every single day!
- Elephants regularly eat the coffee fruit that contains the coffee beans. This means that the beans can be found ready hulled in the elephant dung (and some varieties of coffee actually use these beans)!
- Coffee is a great drink for those on a diet – provided you have it black. One cup of coffee has around two calories. However, once you start adding milk, sugar and flavourings, those calories start to creep up very quickly.
- If you need a quick boost, a cup of coffee is the ideal option as it takes just ten minutes to start feeling the effects of the caffeine.